Student-led clubs provide an educational environment where the spirit of volunteerism and community involvement are encouraged and celebrated. The student body organizes clubs, advised by members of the faculty, around a wide variety of interests in academics, health, international affairs, social justice, the arts, and beyond.
Throughout the year, these clubs participate in fundraisers, competitions, and meetings. Recent highlights included the promotion of positive body-images, academic decathlon and robotics teams participating in regional competitions, and fundraisers to support Armenian communities in Syria, fight childhood obesity, and invest in pediatric cancer research.
To join a student club, a student can speak with a member of that club, faculty advisor, or the Vice Principal of the school.
- National Honor Society - recognizes students committed to scholarship, leadership, service, and character.
- Decathlon / Pentathlon - scholastic competitions for student teams and individuals across a wide range of academic disciplines.
- Science Bowl - science knowledge competition using a quiz bowl format.
- Model United Nations - debate competitions on public & international affairs that develop skills in research, writing, public speaking, negotiating, and social awareness.
SOCIAL JUSTICE & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT CLUBS
- Student Council - cultivating and communicating change as the voice for the student body.
- Helping Elders Through The Arts - taking our talents out into the community and bringing joy to those who society too often overlooks.
- Cancer Awareness - raising resources and awareness in the fight against cancer.
- UNICEF - local chapter of the United Nations Children's Fund committed to supporting children and mothers in developing nations.
- Red Cross - an international humanitarian organization dedicated to helping disaster victims with a local chapter contributing primarily through blood drives.
- Girl Up - promoting equality and justice on a wide range of issues impacting women; under the umbrella of the United Nations Foundation.
- Children Against Poverty - doing our part in the global struggle against wealth inequality.
- Water Conservation - rolling up our sleeves to reduce drought impact in Southern California.
- A.G.B.U. Worldwide - connecting with the global A.G.B.U. community's humanitarian and community efforts.
- Animal Abuse Relief - protecting innocent animals from neglect and abuse.
- Defeat Diabetes - raising awareness to reduce impact of diabetes.
- DHS Anti-Bullying Club - promoting respect, support, and tolerance for all students.
- Alliance for Climate Education - educating youth on the science of climate change and empowering them to take action and ownership over our planet's future.
- Healthy Kids Foundation For The Future - raising awareness to fight childhood obesity and other weight-related disorders.
CLUBS THAT CULTIVATE PASSION
- Photography - develop photography skills and enjoy exhibition opportunities.
- Chess - practice and compete in an ancient form of art, strategy, and community.
- Band - rehearse and play gigs at on and off campus functions with practice facilities in the DHS building.
- Gardening - roll up your sleeves and get ready develop your green thumb by growing vegetables, tending chickens, and much more on campus.
- Glee Club - for girls in grades 2 through 5 who love to sing and perform at functions on and off campus.
- Recorder Club - for boys and girls in grades 2 through 5 to learn and perform recorder music at functions on and off campus.
Note: Proposals to start new clubs or revive inactive clubs are welcome.