According to the School’s health policy, any child with illness symptoms should stay home.
- Any adult or child who shows symptoms of COVID-19, or presents a fever of 100.4°F will be sent home and LADPH guidelines will be followed to meet criteria to return to school.
- Any child who develops any of the symptoms while at school, will be kept in the nurse’s office until picked up by the parent.
- Teachers with mild cold symptoms will be asked to stay home.
- All individuals must remain at home in isolation and not return to school for a minimum of 10 days after onset of symptoms AND until the symptoms have improved AND they are free of fever for at least 3 days or 24 hours without fever-reducing medication.
- If someone in the household is sick with a fever and shortness of breath, the child/teacher will be excluded for 14 days.
- If a positive case of COVID-19 is detected at school, the administration will contact the Department of Public Health Acute Communicable Disease Program for guidance on steps to be taken to minimize the risk of transmission for other children and adults.