Music Education For Life
THE MUSIC PROGRAM at AGBU Manoogian Demirdjian School provides students with music skills that last a lifetime. When musical intelligence is developed, children become healthy, fully functioning adults who have not lost the capacity for wonder, the ability to feel deeply, and the urge to create something that expresses beauty.
The development of these music skills helps produce individuals who can focus their attention for longer periods of time, strive for and achieve excellence, work in cooperative teams and solve problems in a creative way.
In addition to their music classes, all students at AGBU Manoogian Demirdjian School have the opportunity to participate in a variety of programs, recitals, performances and assemblies. These active music performance skills are developed in each child over a period of years. All these experiences give the students a sense of personal accomplishment that is very satisfying.
At Manoogian-Demirdjian School we believe (Its role and importance in our lives)
1. That music is an important part of the lives of all people and cultures
2. That there are many kinds of music, using the same elements, but using them in different ways
3. That a major value of music is in the positive self-image that results from many different ways of being involved in music
4. That music can embrace, enhance and support all other subject areas and still maintain its own integrity as that special intelligence
5. That exploring music and being successful with music can have a profound effect on every student
6. That a degree of success in music is attainable for every student
7. That music speaks to every person in unique ways, emotionally and intellectually
PLATO-Music gives a soul to the universe
Wings to the mind
Flight to the imagination
And life to everything