Welcome to the Counselor's Corner!
I would like to welcome everyone to a new and exciting school year! We have many great things in store for your child as they begin school. As your child’s counselor, I believe in helping and serving children in ways that will make their lives easier and more productive, and to be able to help them by providing a counseling program that will enhance their academic, personal/social, and career development. My goal is to maintain a safe and secure environment where students can grow and develop personally/socially, and academically.
You may contact me for concerns over your child’s achievement, concerns over behavior issues,discussion of special needs of your child, potential crisis, or any family difficulties or concerns. At any time, students may walk in to see me with any issues that they might have. Students may be referred by parents,teachers, administrators, or the disciplinary committee.
As your child’s school counselor, I will be:
- Counseling individual students dealing with personal/social, academic, and career issues.
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Facilitating group counseling sessions designed to address specific concerns or issues.
- Conducting classroom guidance lessons aligned with social development competencies, based on students’ needs, teacher concerns, and related data.
- Implementing a school-wide Bullying Prevention Program.
- Coordinating educational programs (assemblies,workshops,presentations…)
- Providing information and resources to parents, students, and teachers.
- Home & School Connection newsletters, articles,strategies,helpful links…
- And much more.
School counseling services are available to all students. Please refer to my counseling page for more detailed description of services. I look forward to working with you and helping in any way that I can. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for entrusting your child to us. We are looking forward to a wonderful school year together!