Our mission at A.G.B.U. Manoogian-Demirdjian School is the following:
A.G.B.U. Manoogian-Demirdjian School is a preschool through twelfth grade college-preparatory institution dedicated to academic excellence and Armenian cultural awareness in a safe and supportive environment.
Through effective teaching and technology-integrated education, all aspects of the curriculum including academics, athletics, visual and performing arts are implemented. The school strives to instill in every student a lifelong commitment to learning, character development and community service to promote and ensure the development of the whole person.
AGBU MDS Expected Schoolwide Learning Results
I. Become academically capable individuals who:
- Have acquired a strong knowledge base in all disciplines offered at the school;
- Have been exposed to a multi-dimensional curriculum;
- Are prepared to meet the rigors of higher education;
- Have the ability to implement technology in all facets of their education.
II. Become skilled learners and independent thinkers who:
- Are competent in analyzing and synthesizing information from multiple sources;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills through verbal, written, artistic, and technological modes of expression;
- Are able to apply critical thinking skills and problem-solving in school and real-life situations;
- Have developed effective study habits and self-discipline.
III. Become individuals aware of their Armenian cultural heritage who:
- Have acquired a basic knowledge of Armenian language, literature, and history;
- Have developed an appreciation for Armenian culture and their identity;
- Are prepared to contribute to Armenian community life and their historic homeland.
IV. Become socially responsible and productive citizens who:
- Are aware of civic responsibilities and democratic principles;
- Demonstrate healthy competitiveness and collaborative work habits;
- Are tolerant and broad-minded regarding individual and cultural differences;
- Exhibit positive character traits in everyday life;
- Contribute time, energy, or talents to improve the quality of life in the community at large.