AGBU Manoogian-Demirdjian School is a preschool through 12th grade college-preparatory educational community dedicated to academic excellence and Armenian cultural awareness within a safe and supportive learning environment. Students learn through responsive teaching that honors the needs of all learners and emphasizes academics, athletics, visual and performing arts, and technology. Each student is encouraged to become a caring and responsible global citizen who values collaboration, innovation, and critical thinking in order to impact the world around them.
AGBU MDS Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SLOs)
I. Become academically skilled learners and independent thinkers who:
- Acquire a strong interdisciplinary knowledge base;
- Develop collaboration skills, effective study habits, and self-discipline;
- Solve problems critically and analytically;
- Demonstrate effective communication through verbal, written, artistic, and technological modes of expression.
II. Become individuals aware of their Armenian cultural heritage who:
- Acquire knowledge of Armenian language, literature, and history;
- Develop an appreciation for Armenian culture;
- Contribute to the Armenian community and its homeland;
- Value their Armenian American identity.
III. Become socially developed and productive future citizens who:
- Understand civic responsibilities and democratic principles;
- Embrace individual and cultural differences;
- Exhibit positive character in everyday life;
- Contribute time, skills, and talents to improve the community at large.